There are two possibilities of how you can export the OwnCloud / NextCloud calendar. The first possibility is to use the web interface of your cloud instance. The second possibility is to use the special URL through which the calendar content can be downloaded.
Let’s see first how can the calendar can be exported through the GUI.
- Log in to your OwnCloud or NextCloud instance.
- In the top left corner click on the “Files” label next to the cloud symbol to open the menu with available extensions. Next, select the “Calendar” extension.
- The GUI of the “Calendar” extension will be loaded and you can see all available calendars on the left panel.
- To export a particular calendar you should click on the ellipsis symbol next to the calendar you want to download and select “Download” in the appeared pop-up menu.
- The calendar will be downloaded as an “.ics” file which you can use to import the content of the calendar into another cloud instance or just keep it in a safe place as a backup.
To export the calendar using the URL-Address you should use the following URL:
http://<your cloud domain>/remote.php/dav/calendars/<user name>/<calendar name>?export
Paste the URL into the address bar of your browser and press Enter. Next, you will have to type in the username and the password. Finally, the calendar will be downloaded.
You can also automate the export process using curl command, for instance, to configure regular backups. For that, you can use the following command:
curl -u <username:password> http://<your cloud domain>/remote.php/dav/calendars/<user name>/<calendar name>?export -o calendar.ics